Sunday, July 28, 2013

Butiki again


From June 1

This is a follow-up story to my April tropical moment. I came down to the kitchen this morning and was startled to discover THREE large-ish butiki lizards in my blender! The odd part is that the lid was on and latched, so I’m not sure how they got in there. I had used the blender recently, washed it, let it air-dry, and then put it away last night. The only thing I can think is that perhaps they got in while it was drying, and I just didn’t notice them when I was putting the blender away? That’s possible. I was tired and perhaps inattentive. At any rate, there they were. 

I took the lid off, hoping they would climb out. After I ignored the blender for a while, one was gone. Two butiki in the blender isn’t a lot better than three. I finally took the container off the base and tipped it on its side on the counter, and the other two disappeared soon after. Then I cleaned the whole thing thoroughly and rinsed it with hot water. Butiki are fine to have on the walls, but I think I prefer them to stay out of my appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment